I just updated my “Best of” page with these links. Check them out.
- Snow Fall: o futuro e os meios de produção
- The upward spiral and the tornado effect: monitoring the spreading of news
- Grátis: Manual de Narrativas Multimédia
- HyperDoc: the digital revolution and the narratives of reality | HiperDoc: a revolução digital e as narrativas da realidade
- Re-conceptualizing the news product – Guest post @ Innovative Interactivity
- Honeycomb: News vs UX | Notícias vs Experiência do utilizador
- Building a hyperlocal news website: a short story on #Brum – Part 1
- Building a hyperlocal news website: a short story on #Brum – Part 2
- Building a hyperlocal news website: a short story on #Brum – part 3
- Building a hyperlocal website: 5 things hyperlocal can do and be, times 5
- The Madeira Floods: GoogleMaps, GoogleDocs, Twitter and community
- Multimedia Producer x 6 – Part 1
- Multimedia Producer x 6 – Part 2
When Google announced their Media Tools page I immediately tried out some of the available features. These two videos were made using Google Earth Engine Timelapse, and they were quite easy and fast to do. Check out the other tools and examples, these can b quite handy for your stories. And the best part, they’re free.
SG Collins, an Amsterdam based video producer, shared his views on how to use text on a screen for moving images
I always had problems with the right way to use text in video:the right font; the right size. color and background for it; will it have motion and how to make it more appealing; all those questions that bring my design and typography weaknesses up front and center (which is not many times the right way to use screen text).
This 10 minute video presents the experience based perspective of this videographer and I believe every one who has to put a single word, title, caption, credits or whatever on top of moving images should watch this. This is not a upbeat, fast paced tutorial, because Mr.Collins is a particular fellow (I’ve been following his videos for a while now and I enjoy how personal he can get) but it’s a information packed, insightful product. And quite soothing too, he should do another video about background sounds.